Getting help from the police

Reporting the abuse to the police is your right and can help improve your and your children’s safety. Think about doing this if:

You have been assaulted or harassed.

The perpetrator has broken a court order (e.g. an interdict).

The perpetrator has broken the conditions of bail for a previous incident by contacting or approaching you.