Falkirk Women’s Aid will:
• Listen if you want to talk
• Believe what you tell us
• Understand your situation
• Organise activities so you can have some fun
• Help you and your parent or guardian to find a safe place to stay if you need it
• Arrange private support at your school, our office or any other place that suits
• Help you work out difficult feelings and emotions
• Help you meet with other young people who have similar experiences
• Meet you as a one off, weekly, fortnightly or whatever is helpful
Links you might find helpful
Website for young people made by young people who have experienced domestic abuse
Uk Goverment website for young people giving information on abuse and sexual assault in relationships
The Scottish Government website for young people
Guidance and information on the law and your rights
To talk to a friendly person who knows what you’re going through and can give you private advice and support, call Falkirk Women’s Aid on 01324 635661 or text/phone on 07805 757493.
If someone in your family is hurting people, remember that it's not your fault and you are not alone. Domestic abuse happens in many families and can also happen in your own relationship with your boy/girlfriend. You are not alone and there are people that can help you.
Domestic abuse, there's no excuse.
It feels better to talk knowing that I won’t be judged.
Women's Aid service user